Friday, April 4, 2008

Bad Blind Date!

The guy with the horribly embarrassing laugh. The guy who brags that his nickname is "Donkey Punch." The guy who lies about his height and actually turns out to be... a little person. Everyone who's ventured into the world of online dating has experienced a few duds, but the least we can do is laugh about it with our friends and move on to the next! You've got to turn-the-cheek and avoid kissing a lot of frogs before you meet a prince, right?

We've all been there. You wink at or send an email to a decent-looking guy or girl, exchange some witty banter over email, talk on the phone, and then, trying to be optimistic but not get your hopes up too high, finally meet in person. And that's where it all starts to go horribly wrong.

I've had a handful of these oh-my-god-this-is-bad-but-at-least-it'll-make-a-great-story dates, and my friends have had even more. So begins the Bad Blind Date blog. I'll be updating regularly with our past bad blind dates, and I'd love to hear about yours, too!

With several dates lined up in the near future, I may have even more to share, but cross your fingers that I don't!

No comments: