Friday, August 1, 2008

The Drought

Sorry for the lack of blog updates lately! Those of you who have done the online dating thing (is anyone I don't know reading this, actually?) know that it comes in waves - you talk to no one for awhile, then get a bunch of emails from guys with some potential, email with a few of them, end up meeting one or two. Changing your picture can help with this, so I just did that. I haven't been very active in actually searching my matches myself, so I'll need to do that sometime soon. I do have a few funny stories from a girls' night out, and some of my favorite pickup lines that I've been approached with recently - post coming soon. And I need to get my friend B to write a guest post on this horrible date she recently went on (to start, the guy was eating sushi with his fingers, smacking his lips and licking his fingers. Ewww).

In the last few months, I have gone out with a handful of guys, though. To summarize
*The guy who managed a Peets, and winked at me. Yes, winked.
*The fun (probably too fun for me - way into kickball and Bay to Breakers) guy with potential who I was trying to talk myself into, who disappeared after 2 dates (kind of a relief, to be honest)
*The surprisingly cute and less-weird-than-I-expected firefighter who was definitely not feeling it

Oh, and there was the guy who I was supposed to meet up with, then went to Vegas, never to be heard from again. But he went to Vegas for 5 days and drove an SUV, so I think I dodged a bullet there. Don't know why I ever considered that one!

More coming soon!

No comments: