Friday, May 30, 2008

I'll Make This Easy for You...

Talked to a guy from JDate on the phone last night (D). He was very nice, and earnest, and rambles even more than me! We chatted for a bit, then agreed to meet on the corner of X&Y street Saturday afternoon at 2:30. I originally suggested 2, but he had lunch plans, and said he didn't mean to be difficult, but would 2:30 work, because he hated to be late. Then we got into a discussion about how we're both always early to stuff, and he said the last time he flew back from a business trip he was so early he got bumped from a 6 p.m. to a 4:30 p.m. flight. Nice! I thought that was pretty funny in light of my thoughts on Z getting to the airport. Anyway, so he suggested meeting on the corner, and I teased, "well, is there a particular spot you want to meet at, because, you know, there are four corners." He said, "I can make this easy for you in one of two ways. 1) We meet in front of Jamba Juice." "Sounds good," I interjected, but he continued, "Or 2) I'll be the guy with one arm."

My heart dropped. Not sure what to say next, I paused.

"My other arm is in a sling." Turns out he'd injured himself trail running recently. Whew! Scared me. So, we'll see how it goes! Either I'll have a good story, or I'll feel guilty for having posted about a guy I actually like.

Also on deck: a cute and intriguing photojournalist, and a guy in a band.

No comments: